Terms and Conditions of Use
By using this Website you agree to comply with and be bound by the terms and conditions relating to its use set out below. If you do not agree to such terms and conditions, you must cease using the Website:
- This Website is operated, and the copyright owned or licensed by the Invasive Animals CRC under partnership with the FeralScan Steering Committee (FSC), which has provided data for inclusion on the Website.
- As a condition of your use of this Website and the interactive services it provides, you represent and warrant that you will not use this Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms and conditions.
- Although every care has been taken in the compilation of the information on this Website, the Website and its contents may contain errors, faults and inaccuracies, and may not be complete or current. Accordingly, use of this Website is entirely at your own risk.
- Neither the Invasive Animals CRC nor the FSC makes any representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the Website or as to the information, content, and materials included on this Website, including without limitation, as to fitness for purpose or that use will be uninterrupted or error-free.
- Neither the Invasive Animals CRC nor the FSC accept any liability for any interference with or damage to a user’s computer system, software or data as a result of connecting with this Website, including without limitation, arising from viruses or other harmful codes.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, in no event will the Invasive Animals CRC nor the FSC be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of this Website, or for any information, content or materials included on this Website, whether based in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, even if we have been advised of the possibility of damages.
- Any links to other websites contained on this Website are provided for convenience only. We have not endorsed or approved such other websites, or the information and materials on those websites, and the access and use of such third party websites is entirely at your own risk.
- This Website may contain material submitted by third parties, including other users of the Website. We do not endorse such material or warrant its accuracy, and such material is the sole responsibility of its author or contributor. Your use of and reliance upon such third party material is entirely at your own risk.
- You must not use the interactive services on this Website or submit any material for inclusion on this Website, in infringement of the copyright or other intellectual property rights of a third party, or in a manner which is in any way unlawful. If you breach the terms of this paragraph, we reserve the right to report your actions to the appropriate authorities or to prohibit your use of the Website.
- If you submit material for inclusion on the Website, you grant to us a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide licence (including the right to sub-license) to use, modify, copy, distribute, transmit, reproduce, publish, or display such material for research purposes. By submitting material for inclusion on the Website, you further grant us the right to keep a record of the details of your submission, including without limitation, your personal details, which we may use to monitor the use of the Website and compliance with its terms, and for our internal research purposes. Unless required by law, we will not use such information for any other purpose, and will not disclose it, without your consent.
- The Invasive Animals CRC and the FSC reserve the right at our sole discretion to deny any user access to this Website and any interactive services or any portion of this Website without notice, as well as the right to change the terms and conditions of its use. By visiting this Website you hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in the Australian Capital Territory, Australia in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of this Website. Use of this Website is prohibited in any jurisdiction which does not give effect to these terms conditions, including without limitation this paragraph.
The FeralScan website has been developed by the Invasive Animals CRC (website custodian) in partnership with the NSW Department of Primary Industries. The statements below apply to any content such as pages, documents, videos, images, sound files and computer code (the "material") created by the Invasive Animals CRC and NSW Department of Primary Industries on the following websites:
New South Wales Government's privacy practices are regulated by the New South Wales Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (the Act). For more information contact the Office of the NSW Privacy Commissioner (www.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/privacynsw)
The Invasive Animals CRC and NSW Department of Primary Industries in the FeralScan partnership will only collect personal information for a lawful purpose which directly relates to our primary function as a NSW government agency and for obtaining feedback about the effectiveness of our services. The department will not collect any more information than is necessary for it to fulfil these functions.
The Invasive Animals CRC and NSW Department of Primary Industries in the FeralScan partnership will not disclose your personal information to anyone without your consent unless legally required to do so.
Anyone engaged to collect, store or use personal information for the Invasive Animals CRC and NSW Department of Primary Industries in the FeralScan partnership will be required to comply with the Information Protection Principles of the Act as part of their terms of engagement.
Storage of private information
The Invasive Animals CRC and NSW Department of Primary Industries in the FeralScan partnership takes all reasonable steps to protect the security of any personal information held, be it stored in electronic or hard copy format. Except in the circumstances set out in the Act, you may request access to your personal information held by the Invasive Animals CRC and NSW Department of Primary Industries in the FeralScan partnership. Access can be arranged by contacting:
Email addresses are recorded when an email message is sent to the Invasive Animals CRC and NSW Department of Primary Industries or when a user subscribes to an online mailing list.
These email addresses are stored electronically in accordance with standards and authorities under the New South Wales State Records Act 1998. An email address is only used for the purpose for which it is provided and is not added to any unauthorised mailing list or disclosed to other organisations unless you request that this to be done.
If you have subscribed to one of the online mailing lists, you can easily remove your email details from the list by unsubscribing. Each mailing list provides clear instructions on how to unsubscribe.
Information received via feedback
The Invasive Animals CRC and NSW Department of Primary Industries in the FeralScan partnership may provide feedback facilities on their sites to allow users to provide input into the future development of the sites and to comment on the provision of service by the project. The provision of personal details on feedback is optional.
Users may provide personal details for the purpose of receiving a reply to their feedback. This information will only be used for the purpose for which it was provided. We will not add your email address or name to any mailing list.
The Invasive Animals CRC and NSW Department of Primary Industries in the FeralScan partnership may publish aggregated information about feedback on the site, but will ensure that this aggregated information cannot be used to identify individual users.
The Invasive Animals CRC and NSW Department of Primary Industries in the FeralScan partnership will collect, use and disclose more extensive information than stated above in the following circumstances:
- unauthorised attempts to access files which are not publically available;
- unauthorised tampering or interference with files on the listed websites;
- unauthorised attempts to index the contents of the listed websites;
- attempts to intercept messages of other users of the listed websites;
- communications which are defamatory, abusive, vilify individuals or groups or which give rise to a suspicion that an offence is being committed; and
- attempts to otherwise compromise the security of the web server, breach the laws of the State of New South Wales or Commonwealth of Australia, or interfere with the use of the listed websites by other users.
The Invasive Animals CRC and NSW Department of Primary Industries in the FeralScan partnership reserves the right to make disclosures to relevant authorities where the use of the listed websites raises a suspicion that an offence is being, or has been, committed. In the event of an investigation, the Invasive Animals CRC and NSW Department of Primary Industries in the FeralScan partnership will provide access to data to any law enforcement agency that may exercise a warrant to inspect our logs.
The Invasive Animals CRC and NSW Department of Primary Industries in the FeralScan partnership may initiate proceedings in relation to any loss or damage suffered as a result of unauthorised use of information or any of the above circumstances.
Disclosure may also occur where it is lawfully authorised or required under any act, other law or statutory agency or foreign body.
The Invasive Animals CRC and NSW Department of Primary Industries in the FeralScan partnership does not have any responsibility for the privacy policies or practices of third party sites linked to from the listed websites.
Questions or Complaints
Will this policy be updated over time?
Due to the developing nature of privacy principles for online communication, this policy may be modified or expanded in light of new developments or issues that may arise from time to time. The amended policy will be posted to this site and will operate from the time it is posted.